Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Don't laugh at karma
I'm writing to you in the kind of slaphappy joy that comes at one o'clock in the morning when you realise that your first two periods tomorrow are FREES! The Lord exists and He has mercy. I've just watched three episodes of Supernatural in a row - Season Four, when the angels start coming out. You can probably tell. Hey, a girl can dream, right? I'm cultivating the ability to pull all-nighters without passing out or taking caffeine shots the next day. It's proving to be a useful skill (especially when you have a science assignment the next day that you haven't started yet. Not that that's relevant in any way, Ms Lee. Ahem.) I'm still getting the hang of it. Last few nights I've had to rely on midnight milo refuelings but tonight, I'm in for the long haul - cold turkey. I feel like a sniper in Beirut or something. Diggin' in for the night. Hoo-ah. Today - yesterday, as of an hour and twenty ago - was one of the harder functioning days. I didn't sleep nutil four thrity a.m., the absolute no-go-zone hour for all-nighters. Too early to still be revved when you bounce upagain a few hours later, too late to get even a half-assed contingent of sleep under your belt. It's all or nothing, and four a.m. is smack bang in the middle: nada. The dead zone. It was a fatal mistake - especially considering we did ice-skating in P.E. Does anybody else find that suspicious?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment