Monday, March 15, 2010

To listen and judge

A few nights ago I had an amazing night and I totally forgot to tell you about it properly - I think it only got a brief mention in a previous post full up of other irrelevant crap. You'll have to excuse my complete inability to stick to a topic with any conviction - I did warn you. In my mind, it has officially been dubbed the stoner rock night. It was after my epic day full of rallies, warehouse sales and all too many trams. So getting home was a beautiful moment.
Somehow CC and I ended up in her room, which was empty for the weekend because all her roomies took a siesta home (home home, not boarding house home:d Soz), draped over chairs, desks and beds respectively with the lights off, blinds down, door closed, and basement indie obscurity turned up loud. You know when you get those surreal moments when you feel like you're floating in limbo between physical reality and something slightly beyond that? Lying there in the dark was just like that, listening to Birds of Tokyo and Cold War Kids. Like being stoned, without the weed. It was just a crazy, self-realisation moment. Extended moment - it went on for about three hours.
Hayesy walked in at one point, light spilling in from the hallway when she opened the door. Awakward much - you could hear the unspoken WTF??? in the air. But who gives a fuck? If she doesn't gel with the music, her loss. :D
We ended up with a bit of My Chemical Romance, metalling out. Like I said: epic. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment